Natural Headache Balm
Coconut oil these days is touted to help everything from the taste of your curry to your skincare routine — and with good reason. Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer which penetrates quickly without residue and serves as a perfect medium for delivering the benefits of essential oils. This one ingredient saves you time with its versatility, but did you know it could also quite literally save you from headache?
For you or your patients looking for a natural approach to soothe away a headache, this great balm uses organic coconut and essential oils.
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 20 drops of organic peppermint essential oil
- 12 drops of organic lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in essential oils. Pour into a container. Let sit for an hour to cool before covering. May be massaged on temples, on forehead (avoiding the eyes) or behind the ears.