Vegan and Gluten Free Southern Pacific Salad Sandwich
Many of our readers suffer of Celiac Disease, are lactose intolerant or vegans; so we thought it would be nice to have recipes they can all enjoy.
Thanks to our friends from The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe we are bringing to you a gluten, dairy and meat free Southern Pacific Salad Sandwich. The best part is, this recipe is so delicious that the whole family will enjoy it.
You will need:
– GF bread or GF wrap
– Lettuce, or your choice of greens
– Tomatoes, sliced
– Bell peppers, sliced
– Peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
– Yogurt (use soy or coconut for DF)
– Cheese (use rice or soy for DF)
– Bell pepper relish or salsa
– GF deli meat, if desired
1. Slice bread or lay out wrap.
2. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on both sides of your bread/ wrap.
3. Cover the peanut butter with a small scoop of yogurt and spread evenly.
4. On one side, add a small amount of bell pepper relish (we like ajvar).
5. Add a layer of peppers and tomatoes. Feel free to add any other favorite vegetables.
6. Add a handful of lettuce and other greens—stuff it as full as you’d like!
7. Add a few slices of your favorite deli meat .
8. Top off with your favorite cheese (we like swiss).
9. Put the top on your sandwich, or roll up your wrap.
– To make this recipe vegetarian, simply omit the meat.
– To make this recipe vegan, omit the meat, cheese, and yogurt (or use substitutes).